Kansas Lands Andrew Wiggins
Earlier today, top rated men’s basketball recruit, Andrew Wiggins, announced that he would be playing at Kansas University. I was shell shocked to say the least when I heard the announcement. Never have I been more incorrect in predicting where a recruit was going to go to school. The 6’7” small forward from Toronto, Canada had been considering UNC, UK, KU, and FSU. I believed Kentucky was Wiggins’ destination, however, the #1 ranked recruit proved me incorrect.
Here is the likely starting five for the Jayhawks this fall.
- PG – Naadir Tharpe
- SG – Wayne Selden
- SF – Andrew Wiggins
- PF – Perry Ellis
- C – Joel Embiid
I still give Jamari Traylor a decent chance of making the lineup if Embiid is not yet ready.
For those of you who read my earlier post, Why KU Won’t Land Andrew Wiggins and disagreed with me, feel free to comment, “I told you so!”
- Why KU Won’t Land Andrew Wiggins (jkansascity.wordpress.com)
- #1 College Basketball Recruit Andrew Wiggins Chooses Kansas (kikn.com)
- Canadian basketball star Andrew Wiggins to play at Kansas (cbc.ca)
- Top prep prospect Andrew Wiggins signs with Kansas (sacbee.com)
- Andrew Wiggins, consensus No. 1 basketball recruit, picks KU (kansas.com)