KU Football Schedules Home-and-Home with Hawaii
Alright KU football fans, time to start saving your money. In 2017, the Kansas Jayhawks will travel to Honolulu to face off against the Hawaii Warriors. The home-and-home officially begins in 2016; their first meting in this series will be played on September 24 in Lawrence at Memorial stadium. The following year, in 2017, the Jayhawks will travel to Aloha Stadium on the second of September.
“We are very excited to announce this home-and-home series with Hawaii,” Kansas coach Charlie Weis said. “We recognize Hawaii and the Islands as a fertile recruiting territory. Both our current players and prospects are excited that these two games are official.”
Kansas has only played Hawaii once previously–a game in which the Jayhawks won 33-27 on August 31, 1985 in Honolulu.
This will be the first time the Jayhawks have been to Hawaii since they defeated UCLA, 51-30, in the 1995 Aloha Bowl.
The Kansas Jayhawks will begin their upcoming 2013 season on September 7 when they take on the South Dakota Coyotes.
- Football Warriors to take on Kansas in 2016 (kitv.com)
- Kansas set to play football series against Hawaii (fox4kc.com)
- Kansas acquires transfer Tarik Black from Memphis (jkansascity.wordpress.com)
- KU Falls in Big XII Baseball Tournament 7-2 (jkansascity.wordpress.com)
- Kansas announces home-and-home with Hawaii – NBCSports.com (prgnewshawaii.com)
- Kansas announces home-and-home with Hawaii (collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com)
- Kansas Football Announces Home-And-Home With Hawaii (wibw.com)
- Warriors to play series with Jayhawks, Kansas officials say (staradvertiser.com)